By Antoine Chambert-Loir
Read Online or Download A Field Guide to Algebra (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics) PDF
Similar number theory books
This contemporary advent to the principles of good judgment and arithmetic not just takes idea under consideration, but additionally treats in a few element purposes that experience a considerable influence on way of life (loans and mortgages, bar codes, public-key cryptography). a primary college-level advent to common sense, proofs, units, quantity concept, and graph idea, and a very good self-study reference and source for teachers.
Bridges the space among theoretical and computational facets of best numbersExercise sections are a goldmine of fascinating examples, tips to the literature and capability examine projectsAuthors are famous and highly-regarded within the box
This e-book offers a unified treatise of the idea of degree and integration. within the environment of a basic degree area, each notion is outlined accurately and each theorem is gifted with a transparent and whole facts with all of the proper info. Counter-examples are supplied to teach that definite stipulations within the speculation of a theorem can't be easily dropped.
A classical theorem of Jordan states that each finite transitive permutation staff encompasses a derangement. This lifestyles end result has fascinating and unforeseen functions in lots of components of arithmetic, together with graph concept, quantity concept and topology. a variety of generalisations were studied in additional fresh years, with a specific specialize in the lifestyles of derangements with certain homes.
- Leonardo Pisano (Fibonacci): The Book of Squares
- A First Course in Analysis
- Factorization of Matrix and Operator Functions: The State Space Method: 178 (Operator Theory: Advances and Applications)
- Prime Numbers, Friends Who Give Problems:A Trialogue with Papa Paulo
- Galois Theory (Pure and Applied Mathematics: A Wiley Series of Texts, Monographs and Tracts)
- The Arithmetic of Infinitesimals (Sources and Studies in the History of Mathematics and Physical Sciences)
Additional resources for A Field Guide to Algebra (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics)
A Field Guide to Algebra (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics) by Antoine Chambert-Loir